Converge has been investing in Research and Development since its creation. The company is structured around experienced personnel, including scientists with academic background. Most of the company’s solutions have an R&D interest, which is proven to be a competitive advantage to differentiate from the competition.
The company is using edge development technologies and continuously monitors the state-of-the-art solutions in the relevant business sectors.
“We strongly believe that Innovation is achieved when R&D activities are performed in a coordinated manner to address business needs in a creative way, bringing added value to each solution.”, says Sofoklis Kyriazakos, the Managing Director of Converge, who also holds the position of Associate Professor in Aalborg University in Denmark.
Major R&D areas of interest of Converge are summarized as follows:
- Internet of Things (IoT) and Internet of Services (IoS)
- Ambient Assisted Living
- Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) for eHealth applications
- Web analytics
- lustering, segmentation and optimized media planning for Digital ads
- High conversion features & personalization for eCommerce
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Automated web-panel evaluation
- Virtual Private Clouds
- End2end security for eDemocracy systems
- SaaS / PaaS / IaaS
Apart from the R&D activities during product development, Converge has experience through its participation in R&D projects:
- ISISEMD – “Intelligent System for Independent living and Selfcare of seniors with cognitive problems or Mild Dementia”
- EPIKOUROS – “Virtualized platforms for innovative applications and multiple heterogeneous sensor services in cloud computing environment”
- BETaaS – “Building the Environment for the Things as a Service”
- ECOSYSTEM – “Intelligent System for Programming and Managing Building Automation”
- SORBET -“Smart Objects for Intelligent Building Management”