Research & Development
Converge has been investing in Research and Development since its creation. The company is structured around experienced personnel, including scientists with academic background. Most of the company’s solutions have an R&D interest, which is proven to be a competitive advantage to differentiate from the competition.
The company is using edge development technologies and continuously monitors the state-of-the-art solutions in the relevant business sectors.
“We strongly believe that Innovation is achieved when R&D activities are performed in a coordinated manner to address business needs in a creative way, bringing added value to each solution.”, says Sofoklis Kyriazakos, the Managing Director of Converge, who also holds the position of Associate Professor in Aalborg University in Denmark.
Major R&D areas of interest of Converge are summarized as follows:
- Internet of Things (IoT) and Internet of Services (IoS)
- Ambient Assisted Living
- Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) for eHealth applications
- Web analytics
- lustering, segmentation and optimized media planning for Digital ads
- High conversion features & personalization for eCommerce
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Automated web-panel evaluation
- Virtual Private Clouds
- End2end security for eDemocracy systems
- SaaS / PaaS / IaaS
Apart from the R&D activities during product development, Converge has experience through its participation in R&D projects:
- ISISEMD – “Intelligent System for Independent living and Selfcare of seniors with cognitive problems or Mild Dementia”
- EPIKOUROS – “Virtualized platforms for innovative applications and multiple heterogeneous sensor services in cloud computing environment”
- BETaaS – “Building the Environment for the Things as a Service”
- ECOSYSTEM – “Intelligent System for Programming and Managing Building Automation”
- SORBET -“Smart Objects for Intelligent Building Management”